Fall Festival 2019
A profound transmission in an exquisite Temple
"Future lives are not a Buddhist belief. They are not imagination. Future lives are the truth."
"All our worries, our stress, our disappointments, our discouragements come from exaggerating the importance of this one short life."
With these words, today Gen-la Dekyong introduced an essential explanation and blessing transmission of the Introduction to The Mirror of Dharma with Additions.
Sharing sublime personal advice from Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche on how to take the meaning of precious Dharma to heart, she encouraged us to contemplate deeply three questions that Venerable Geshe-la asks:
- Why do we need to practice Buddha's teachings?
- Why do I need to be concerned for my future lives?
- Why do we need permanent liberation from suffering?
Gen-la concluded with a powerful explanation of how we can gain genuine inner experience of Kadam Dharma, rather than just intellectual understanding, by following the three essential steps Venerable Geshe-la reveals in The Mirror of Dharma:
- Receive the blessings of the transmission of the book
- Continually maintain strong faith in both the teaching and the Teachers
- Sincerely practice the actual training, which is training in contemplation and training in meditation
There was such a joyful atmosphere during the teachings, with everyone sharing a sense of great good fortune to be listening to this sublime transmission from the very heart of the Venerable Spiritual Guide in such a magnificent Temple.
This Festival is so special!