WORK BEGINS ON THE ROOF, SNOW FALLS AND THE MOUNTAIN RETREAT BEGINS
What’s been happening at IKRC Grand Canyon lately? Quite a lot!
- The construction team have put the roof decking - metal sheeting - on the veranda roof and the four tiers in preparation for the roofers.
- All the metal work is done and all the welding is completed.
- All the pillars are dry patched.
- All the veranda columns and pillars have arrived on site and are ready to go.
- All the window sections have been prepped for the windows to go in.
- All the framing inside the temple for the shrine wall and trusses is finished.
Meanwhile, in the art studio we see Palsang putting the finishing touches on the last vajra that was delivered in the first shipment. Also one pair of deer is completed.
The artists have now begun gilding the pairs of decorative arms that will go on the lantern tower. Other objects to be gilded await being moved into the studio.
On January 4, the annual Mountain Retreat commenced with Kadam Morten, the Eastern US National Spiritual Director of NKT-IKBU and Resident Teacher at the KMC New York City. Around 100 people will enjoy five weeks of blissful retreat on generation stage & completion stage at this extraordinary place.
Next update in two weeks.