The Oral Instructions of Mahamudra
The very esssence of Buddha's teachings of Sutra and Tantra
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
This precious book reveals the uncommon practice of Tantric Mahamudra of the Ganden Oral Lineage, which the author received directly from his Spiritual Guide, Vajradhara Trijang Rinpoche. It explains clearly and concisely the entire spiritual path from the initial preliminary practices to the final completion stages of Highest Yoga Tantra that enable us to attain full enlightenment in this life.
Following the root text of Mahamudra, The Main Path of the Conquerors by the First Panchen Lama, this remarkable book provides extremely clear and easy to understand explanations and insights based on the author’s experiences during many years of retreat.
Main subjects covered:
- Having identified our own mind, meditating on tranquil abiding
- Having realized emptiness, meditating on superior seeing
- Meditating on the central channel, the yoga of the central channel
- Meditating on the indestructible drop, the yoga of the drop
- Meditating on the indestructible wind, the yoga of wind
The Oral Instructions of Mahamudra is available in different languages and multiple formats from Tharpa Publications.
For more information and online purchases visit the Tharpa International website and select your region.
Use the links below to go to other book pages. Please note the books are listed in the recommended sequence for studying and reading Venerable Geshe-la’s books: